Recipe serves: 4
Chicken & Asparagus Parmesan In Vodka Sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.), pounded thin
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil
- 1 jar Bertolli® Vodka Sauce made with Fresh Cream
- 12 spears asparagus, partially cooked
- 4 slices mozzarella stuffed with prosciutto (about 4 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and salt in shallow dish. Dip chicken in eggs, then bread crumb mixture.
- Heat Olive Oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, turning once, 8 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Spread 1 cup Sauce in 13 x 9-inch baking dish, then add chicken. Spoon 1/2 cup Sauce on chicken, then top with asparagus and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling. Top, if desired, with shaved Parmesan cheese. Serve with remaining Sauce, heated.