Makes about 20 pieces
Caramelized Onion & Gorgonzola Bruschetta
- 1/3 cup Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil, divided
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices*
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 2 cups Bertolli® Vodka Sauce made with Fresh Cream
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 Tbsp. toasted pine nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven 425°.
- Heat 2 tablespoons Olive Oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onion, stirring frequently, 15 minutes or until onion is golden.
- Arrange bread on baking sheet. Evenly rub with garlic, then brush with remaining Olive Oil. Bake 10 minutes or until golden.
- Spread Pasta Sauce on bread, then top with cheese, onion and pine nuts. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.