Olive OilComplete Pasta
The Bertolli Tradition

In 1865, in the town of Lucca, in the Tuscan heart of Italy's olive growing region, Francesco Bertolli opened a small storefront business selling regional foods such as olive oil, wine, cheese and olives. In the late 1800s, the Bertolli business grew from its Italian roots when Italian emigrants to America, unable to find the products to which they were accustomed, wrote to Bertolli asking for crates of olive oil. In reply, Bertolli sent orders to America and thus became the first exporter of olive oil. By the 1890s, Bertolli was sold in New York, Philadelphia and Chicago. From there, business gradually expanded west and eventually found export markets beyond the United States.

From its beginnings in olive oil, Bertolli today has grown to include a broad range of restaurant-quality pasta sauce and skillet meals. While the Bertolli portfolio of products is constantly evolving to meet changing consumer needs, it continues to stay true to its Italian origins of culinary craftsmanship and trademark values of guaranteed quality, consistency and authenticity.

Today, more than 140 years since Francesco Bertolli began selling his olive oil in Lucca, Italy, the original "Villa Bertolli" at piazza S. Donato still stands, just as Bertolli remains at the heart of the authentic Italian cuisine enjoyed at home by millions of families around the world.